Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. -Emily Dickinson



Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ruffles



We had special guest this week.  It got me looking around at my guest room and thought I need to finish some of those projects that I have been saying I'm going to do.  So as you can see I had a lamp in the room that I found at Goodwill in Smyrna and had put an old shade that must have been in one of my children's room at one time (I'm pretty sure I didn't draw the pumpkin face on the lamp shade).


I found some white material in my craft room and started ripping strips of fabric.  Just stitched the edge gathering the material as I went. When you rip fabric its amazing no measuring is necessary. he he..
I did not hem any of the ruffles. The material was so nice I just left it raw at the ends and I love the how it came out.
A little glue gun.

 I got so excited with the way it turned out I decided to make a matching pillow for the bed too. Again, no measuring involved.
I plan on moving a chandelier into that room too. I will update with more pictures after.
Hope you have a great day! 

Blessings,
Kerri

3 comments:

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love. Love. Love. I love ruffles and love your pretty ruffled creations! Now following- I host a decorating party at my blog on the weekends if you would like to come share this sometime! :)

Maureen said...

I did one recently and I loved it. Yours turned out beautiful!

farmhouse-story said...

very sweet projects!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails