Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. -Emily Dickinson



Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Orleans

   I should apologize before I start...
This post contains ALOT of pictures.
We spent the first few days of the New Year in New Orleans with my father-in-law.  It was such an amazing trip for our family. 

  



There were fluer de lis everywhere you turn.  Even on the lamp post.


Street entertainment was very entertaining. The kids were in amazement at the man juggling knives.
These men below were full of soul.
The St. Louis Cathedral was exquisite.  My breath was taken everywhere I turned.  My photography does not due it any justice. 

This angel held holy water in her shell.

We went on a tour by mule and carriage. Our tour guide was so funny.  He invited the kids right up to the front seat with him.

And last but not least Cafe Du Monde.  We had beignets for breakfast one morning.

OH So Yummy!!!


This is just a glimpse of our trip.. I will post more later
We loved New Orleans.
Any locals we talked to were so kind. Definitely a trip we will never forget.

Blessings,
Kerri


2 comments:

barbara said...

I'm waiting for more pictures. These were beautiful. Glad you had a good trip.

Debbie said...

These are wonderful pictures! I have never been before so you gave me a glimpse of what I am missing. Thank you for sharing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails